Friday, July 18, 2008

FRUGAL FRIDAY - Hot Air Ain't Cheap

Hi there! I'm sorry I haven't been around during the last week. Seems that around our house we've been in a dog-days-of-summer, spinning-our-wheels, being busy with a whole lot of nothin' kind of time warp!
Before we discuss the high cost of hot air, let me tell you about what we've been doing lately. The past week has been full of all kinds of frugal family activities! Here are just a couple of the things that have filled out time this week:

We've made bird houses...
painted pots and repotted plants...

Shopped for tennies and school supplies, and did our weekly coupon-bargain grocery shopping...

We played with our food!!...


We had the thrill of new kittens, visited friends and had friends visit us, and we've done a whole lot of other wonderfully mundane things!

In addition to these summertime activities, we have unfortunately been the victims of "The Horrible Unspeakable Invasion of the Slimy, Nasty, Hopping, Green Amphibious Creatures from the Murky Netherlands". More about that later...


Aaaahhhhh, don't you just love summer???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW... On to Frugal Friday and the fact that Hot Air Ain't Cheap...

Today our task is to clean this house - the place where we have been doing so many mundane and messy things! Of course on the top of the list (on top of every day's list!!) is to do a load of laundry. While I have never calculated how much the dryer costs, (I don't have time for that!) I do know is that jeans take a really long time to dry, and while the dryer is running the electrical meter is spinning faster and faster! And the faster it spins, the louder I hear "ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching"!

Believe it or not, it is so hot and dry out here in South Texas that a load of jeans can actually dry faster on the clothesline than in the dryer! The only items that I won't dry out on the line are towels and socks/underwear. I really like my towels to be fluffy and I guess I'm just too darn lazy to hang out all those little socks and underthingies.

So, in honor of Frugal Friday, and to save a little "ka-ching" on hot air I will... And no, I do not mean that I will stop talking!!!

Back to what I was saying... To save on hot air, I will hang the jeans on the line today!

Have an awesome and Frugal Friday!!