**updated on 8/4/2010**
Get ready to fill your freezer with 5 delicious chicken recipes. What’s great is that 2 of these recipes are perfect for busy nights and use the crock pot. One of the recipes is a healthy replacement for your kiddo’s favorite chicken nuggets.
Be sure to look for bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale. Each bag usually comes with 6-8 pieces, so buy at least 5 bags. If you spend $6.00 per bag, your meals still cost less than $6.00 each!!! OR you can purchase bags of boneless, skinless chicken thighs for a lower price.
** Don’t forget to add these meals to your Make-a-Menu Calendar as soon as they hit the freezer!!**
MENU MAKER MOM’S FREEZER MENU:
MMM’s Crunchy Chicken Tenders
Sensational Chicken and Potatoes
Hurry Up Chicken Fajitas
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. flour
4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. minced garlic (fresh or jar)
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cumin
2-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. season salt
4-1/2 tsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/3 cup bread crumbs
30 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Small box/bag of cornflakes (about 14 oz.) (store brand is great, or use coupons to get FREE cereal!)
2 Green peppers
1-1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
4 cups milk
4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan Romano cheese, grated
1 8 oz. can pineapple chunks
2 quart freezer bag, 3 gallon freezer bag. Label your freezer bags:
1 quart-size bag with “Tropical Chicken”
1 gallon-size bag with “MMM’s Crunchy Chicken Tenders – bake on cookie sheets at 350 for 10-15 minutes”
1 gallon-size bag with “Sensational Chicken and Potatoes”
1 gallon-size bag with “Parmesan Chicken”
1 quart-size bag with “FAST Stovetop Chicken Fajitas”
3 large mixing bowls, 2 cookie sheets, 1 shallow bowl, 1 medium mixing bowl, food processor or blender (optional)
1. 4 HOURS or ONE NIGHT BEFORE: Marinate 6 chicken breasts in ¼ cup Italian salad dressing in the refrigerator.
2. Cut 10 chicken breasts long-wise into ½” strips. Put one half the strips into the bag labeled “FAST Stovetop Chicken Fajitas”. Add 2 Tbsp. minced garlic, 2 Tbsp. canola oil, ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, ¼ tsp. ground cumin, 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice to bag. Squish and squeeze to coat. Seal and freeze.
3. Cut the other half of the chicken strips further, into 2” slices. Put into the medium bowl. Sprinkle 3 Tbsp. flour over top and toss together. Put into the bag labeled “Tropical Chicken”. Seal and freeze.
4. Heat oven to 350. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour 4 cups milk into a large bowl. Cut 8 chicken breasts into 1” strips. Put into the milk.
5. Process the corn flakes by using the pulse function of your food processor or blender until the flakes are crumbs, but DO NOT MAKE THE FLAKES INTO DUST!!! If you don’t have a food possessor or blender, just put the flakes into a plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin.
6. Pour the crushed corn flakes into a large bowl. Add the season salt, 4 tsp paprika, 4 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper to the flakes. Place chicken strips one at a time in the mixture, pressing down to coat very well. You have to press the coating into the chicken with your hands AS HARD AS YOU CAN.
7. Place strips on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear. When done, cool then place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and flash freeze for an hour. Place in bag labeled “Chicken Tenders – bake on cookie sheets at 350 for 10-15 minutes”. Seal and freeze.
8. Put 6 chicken breasts into the bag labeled “Sensational Chicken and Potatoes”. Pour 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing on top. Seal and freeze.
9. Heat oven to 350. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
10. Remove the 6 marinating chicken breasts from the refrigerator. In a shallow bowl, add ½ cup parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp. dried parsley, ½ tsp. paprika, ¼ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper. Press chicken pieces one at a time into crumb mixture.
11. Place coated chicken pieces the prepared cookie sheet. Pour any extra crumb mixture on top of chicken pieces. Bake approximately 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool. Flash freeze. Place in bag labeled, “Parmesan Chicken” and freeze.
1. Tropical Chicken – Thaw. Place in CROCK POT. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup orange marmalade, 1/3 cup bbq sauce, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, ½ tsp. ginger. Pour over chicken. Add ½ sliced green pepper, ½ sliced onion, 1 small can pineapple chunks (drained). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with steamed rice and fresh steamed broccoli.
2. MMM’s Crunchy Chicken Tenders – Place frozen strips on a cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
3. Sensational Chicken and Potatoes – Thaw. Pour into CROCK POT. Top with 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Cut 4 potatoes into wedges and lay on top of chicken. Top with ¼ cup Italian salad dressing, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with a big green salad.
4. Parmesan Chicken – Preheat oven to 400. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a 9” x 13” casserole dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place thawed chicken parmesan pieces in the sauce, then turn to coat. Cook in oven for 10 minutes. Top chicken with mozzarella slices and bake another 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with crusty Italian bread and a big bowl of salad.
5. FAST Stovetop Chicken Fajitas – Drain marinated chicken, saving juice. Slice 1 small onion, one small green bell pepper, and one small red bell pepper. Heat one Tbsp. canola oil in a large skillet. Put chicken and bell peppers into skillet. Stir fry on med-high heat until done, adding liquid an necessary. Serve with tortillas, Spanish rice, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, cheddar, sour cream, and salsa. OLE’!