This Corn and Sausage Chowder will warm you up on a cold day! It's savory, yet fresh and will fill up hungry tummies for just a few pennies! You can pick up the sausage and canned creamed corn on sale at Super S this week. See my Super S Deals listing for more info on how you can save! After you get your groceries, don't forget to add this dish to your Make-A-Menu Calendar.
1 16-oz. package smoked sausage
2-3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 small onion, grated
2-3 celery ribs, chopped finely
1 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
salt and pepper to taste
1 15-oz. can cream-style corn
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. olive oil
shredded cheese for garnish
1. Slice sausage thinly and fry in a large saucepan. Remove sausage to a paper-towel lined plate or bowl.
2. Heat olive oil, then saute potatoes, grated onion, and diced celery. Add water or chicken broth, the cooked sausage, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are soft.
3. Add can of cream corn and 1 cup milk. Cook until heated through.
4. Serve and garnish with shredded cheese.
5. Finish a bowl, then rub your belly. Mmm, mmm, mmm!!!!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's Bargain Meal of the Week using HEB sale items. You'll love my newest dump-in-a-freezer bag recipes:
Parsely Parmesan Chix
Grilled Herbalicious Chix
Orange Sticky Chix
(By the way, I'm a lazy typist, so my new word for "chicken" is "chix". I love it!)