Sunday, February 1, 2009

MAKE-A-MENU END-OF-MONTH TASKS

"Like sands through the hourglass.... Those were the days of our lives..." As I think about how fast the month flew by, this phrase comes to mind!
***********************************************
It's time to close out the month in the kitchen. Here's your end-of-month task list:

1. File your old menu away in your Make-a-Menu Binder, or at least make a couple of notes regarding what worked or didn't work before you throw it in the trash.

2. Place your new menu in the special place just for menus. Mine is on the fridge.

3. Take note of frozen meals, meats, cheeses, etc. that are in your freezer.

4. Inventory your pantry for supplies that you'll need this month. Are you running low on flour, sugar, coffee, etc? How about canned tomatoes, canned soup, etc? Do you have a surplus of any items that need to be used in recipes? Taking inventory now will save you money down the road.
5. Inventory your supply of foil, wax paper, ziplock bags, etc.

6. Don't forget to take a look at your paper products as well. How are you doing on paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper?
*****************************************************
Inventory notes:

I keep a check-off form type of grocery list on my fridge. As I inventory, I mark on the list the items that I will need.

If I find I have a good supply of any particular item in my freezer, fridge, or pantry, I make a note of it in my Make-a-Menu Binder. I'll use this list when planning my menu.
****************************************************
Have a great week!!
~Menu Maker MOm