Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Menu Maker Mom Blogs Again!!!


Welcome back to The Menu Maker Mom blog!  Actually, maybe I should be looking in the mirror when I say that, since I'm the one who'se been away for so long.  I couldn't believe how long it's been until I looked at the date of my last post.  Wow!  A year has gone by quickly!

To get this blog started again, I'm sharing my menu for August. With the busy schedule that is just starting up, it's time to pull out the slow cooker for a meal here and there.  If you're interested in the recipes, I'll be sharing some throughout the month, and I have something fun that I'll be sharing, so please check back often!!!

For daily tips and recipes, please visit my page on Facebook. You can find me at www.facebook.com/themenumakermom. Hope to see you there, and I'd love to find out what's on your menu.


1 – Mexican frijoles and Iron Skillet Cornbread, tomato and avocado salad
2 – Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, garden salad
3 – 7-Layer Bean Dip, tostadas (sewing party night!!)
4 – Take-out pizza
5 – Grilled T-Bone steaks, green salad with avocado dressing, grilled onions, steamed asparagus, smashed new potatoes, chocolate sheet cake and homemade vanilla ice cream!
6 – Cowboy Calzones (Pioneer Woman), green salad
7 – Cherry tomato and chicken pasta toss, garlic bread
8 – Bean chalupas
9 – Beef Bourguignon, steamed rice, steamed green beans
10 – Salmon patty sliders, buttery corn on the cob, Karen’s cole slaw
11 – Cast Iron Skillet Chicken, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots
12 – Lasagna, tossed salad, garlic toast, angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream
13 – Freezer surprise night!!
14 – Taco salad
15 – Omelets, biscuits, fruit salad
16 – Chicken spaghetti, roasted broccoli, garlic bread
17 – Hot Dog Bar!!
18 – MMM’s homemade pizza pie, salad, root beer floats
19 – Slow cooker swiss steak, butter-parsley noodles, steamed broccoli and carrots
20 – Freezer surprise night!!
21 – Picadillo, freshly made tortillas
22 – Oven fritatta, fruit salad, green salad, crescents
23 – Bacon-wrapped chicken thighs, pasta salad, relish tray, fresh melon
24 – Hamburgers, chips
25 – MMM’s deli!! (dried sausage, deli meats and cheeses, hoagie rolls… the works!!)
26 – Fried chicken, potato salad,
27 – {{BACK TO SCHOOL!!}} Steak manwiches, veggie dippers
28 – Slow cooker meatballs, spaghetti, green salad
29 – Migas, green salad, fresh fruit cups
30 – Kielbasa with onions, potatoes and green beans
31 – Subway sandwiches (Friday night football game!  Go Indians!!!)

Peace to you all!

The Menu Maker Mom
Feeding the family ~ One menu at a time!