Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


Wow! 2010!!! Seems like life just seemed to zip by this year. The faster it goes by, the more I realize that I need to 'stop and smell the roses', as the old saying goes. Last year was so full of family fun, and I just love thinking about all the events that we shared. Since I haven't posted since October, I thought I'd show you what was going on in our household!

During September and October we attended a slew of volleyball games. Being that we live in a rural area, going to a game in another school's gym means traveling, which means we had a few late nights out during the work/school week. No matter... I just love watching my girls play!


Another happening this Fall was my birthday. I turned 45. OMG! That sounds soooo old! Here's the boots my wonderful hubby bought me. I LOVE them! The last time I had a new pair of boots was for my 16th birthday. YES, 16!! I think I was due for a new pair!


Halloween was so much fun. We carved pumpkins and went trick-or-treating. This year was interesting, as it was the first year that I didn't make the girls their costumes. They got together with a friend and designed their own costumes and put it all together themselves. They were "catnappers". No, they didn't fall asleep. They were some type of burglar that takes cats. Don't ask.

In December, the twins showed their animals in both our local Chapter Show for our FFA, and at a prospect show. "B" (pictured on left) won her first showmanship buckle and was so proud of herself! They both have done a fab job raising, caring for, and training their animals.

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas volleyball came to an end and basketball started, the girls participated in their school band concert, club volleyball startted for Baby B, there were tryouts for Winterguard for Baby A and then practices stared, there were family events to participate in, and finally thyroid surgery for me... More on that later.

Through it all I managed to stay pretty well organized, and I had all my shopping and planning done by December 13th. My surgery was on the 17th, and recovery was very quick. We ended up sharing a very relaxing holiday, and we all spent two full weeks at home together. It was a wonderful Christmas!

We ended the year on a high note by adding a new member to our family. We're so excited to introduce our new little girl, Trixie!

As the new year begins, I'm thinking about the changes and growth I hope to experience this year. Do you make resolutions? I usually make a resolution or two, and while I don't think I've ever succeeded 100%, having a plan sends me on the path of positive change. Change is good.

Here's what I'm planning this year:

1. Go to bed earlier. It's amazing how much better I feel when I get 7 hours sleep versus 6!
2. Scrapbook all our photos this year.
3. Have friends over for game night at least once every 2 months.
4. Pay off at least 3 debts.
5. Complete the Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred (do all 30 days!) and the Slim in 6 program. I have both sets of DVDs, so there's no reason not to exercise!!
6. BLOG REGULARLY!! I have so many more menu plans to share!

It's going to be an awesome year with so much to look forward to!

Menu Maker Mom ~
Makin' Yummies. Stuffin' Tummies.