Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Welcome to Menu Maker!

I just added this newly-invented 21st-century word "blog" to my 20th century vocabulary only about a month ago. You see, I'm technically challenged. I used to be "with it" when it came to technology ~ about 20 years ago! Somehow, over time, the technology age has just zipped right by, not even slowing enough for me to jump on its tailwinds for the ride. I guess that's what makes my feeble attempts at blogging so funny!

Why do I now choose to join the World of Blog? Well, I hope to make some new friends who love thrifting, creating, writing, raising kids, and living as simple a life as possible. The simple life is always my goal, and one that I rarely feel that I achieve. Yet I still work at simplifying my cooking, my schedule, my work, my creating, my stuff. The one thing I do very well is create simple, inexpensive menus. Having had so many friends request help with their food budget and cooking repertoir, I thought I'd share!

I've spent the last 10 years learning to fill my family's tummies on a budget. I've experimented with hundreds of frugal recipes, do-it-yourself (DIY) mixes, DIY convenience foods, DIY household products, once-a-month cooking (OAMC), and so much more. I'd love to share what I've learned, and hopefully learn from you too!

I invite you to come hang out at this blog whenever you can. I'll post new menus each week, along with recipies and instructions. Hopefully you'll find a new time and money saving way to cook!